With an aim to provide support for the improvement of Partner Countries’ legislative frameworks and inter-institutional arrangements and to update the Country Profiles of all six Partner Countries, short follow-up assessment missions have been conducted during the period of June to July 2015. The very initial mapping of Partner Countries needs, priorities and interests has been undertaken during the brief initial fact-finding missions undertaken to the Partner Countries in February 2015, to be followed with the detailed assessments done through the in-country missions, questionnaires and desktop analyses in the period April-August 2015.
The main objective of the assessments missions was to collect and assess data, information and existing documentation (both normative and technical) related to:
- implementation of recommendations developed within the PPRD East Programme Phase 1,
- flood management and approximation to the EU Floods Directive,
- disaster risk assessment,
- disaster loss data collection and processing,
- Electronic Regional Risk Atlas (ERRA),
- data and information sharing and INSPIRE Directive,
- inclusion of disaster risk reduction in public spending,
- EU approach to volunteerism in civil protection,
- current status of Partner Countries regarding Host Nation Support (HNS), and
- public awareness raising about disasters, including the PPRD East Journalist Network (JN).
The results of all assessments are presented in the updated Country Profiles, which were discussed and finalised during the 2nd round of National/Country Advisory Group meetings scheduled for October/November 2015.